Wednesday, January 2, 2013




Last week I had some time off from work and I found myself doing what I usually do when I have a husband-free afternoon: Online shopping while watching Bravo! and drinking fat free hot chocolate with extra marshmallows. 

While building an online shopping cart at Anthropologie filled with items that I could not actually afford, I glanced up from my computer to mentally judge the women on The Real Housewives of Miami. I paused and thought, "These women are not even interesting."

This instantly made me put down the hot cocoa and step away from the dream life I was imagining, filled with gorgeous vintage inspired dresses and three thousand dollar sofas. "Interesting." The word floated around in my head for a moment as I toyed with going down the introspective rabbit hole of "Well, what makes me so interesting? Why am I allowed to make that call?"  

Yup, I went there.  

And, as I became more honest with myself, it became clear- I had become boring.  Boring. I spent more time online shopping and watching reality TV in 2012 then I cared to think about.  And thus, my 2013 New Year's resolution was born.

"Do more, spend less."

It's a simple resolution that covers just about every aspect of my life.  The key is: actually keeping it... and actually blogging about it, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment